2011+ Ford Mustang GT Idle re-learn instructions
Whether you are switching tunes for your 2011+ Ford Mustang GT , replaced your battery, took your battery out for storage or just have idle issues you can try the suggestion. This is something that actually is covered right in your owners manual (this works great on our stangu.com mustang) however, most people did not notice it. The instructions below are the exact wording from the manual on the 2011+ Ford Mustang GT Idle re-learn instructions:
The steps below:
1. With the vehicle at a compete stop, set the parking brake.
2 Put the gearshift in P (Park) (automatic transmission) or the neutral position (manual transmission), turn off all accessories and start the engine.
3. Run the engine until it reaches normal operating temperature.
4. All the engine to idle for at least one minute.
5. Turn the A/C on and allow the engine to idle for at least one minute.
6. Drive your Ford Mustang gt to complete the relearning process.
- The vehicle may need to be driven 10 miles or more to relearn the idle and fuel trim strategy.
- If you do not allow the engine to relearn its idle trim, the idle quality of your vehicle may be adversely affected until the idle trim is eventually relearned.
Sometimes we will need to do this when we disconnect the battery as well such as if you store your car for the winter this might be a thing to put on the check list.
These instructions are a simple step that can be easily done by yourself. We suggestion that you read them over first before trying them and if you have any questions put them in the comments below.